Expatriot Act

The university of these days is a collection of books.

27 October 2007

Photo du Jour: San Fran 1

I'm Afraid of Americans

sanfran3.jpg

I'm sure it's partially the 10-hour time difference, having to work all weekend, having assignments due that I'm too tired to work on, and wishing I were home, but man I am just not feeling San Fran right now. Staying in the downtown area where everything is huge and commercial and there are lame street performers and bums everywhere and...man, the cultural shock feels gigantic for me right now. I totally drank le kool aid in Paris and now the West Coast, not being home and not being Paris, is just le bordel. Meh. At least there's a fancy vegan joint around the corner, I'm going there for dinner now. Then I'll have to shake myself awake long enough to get my assignment in. Sigh. I gotta snap out of it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds like you're considerably too busy to consider going for a walk in the woods, but if you can find 4ish hours and transportation to Muir Woods (across the Golden Gate) you'll find an impossibly peaceful wilderness complete with Big Trees and solitude.

It was about the only thing I really liked about San Fran. The rest was "eh better than Atlanta".

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home