Expatriot Act

The university of these days is a collection of books.

21 July 2006

Strike Dear Mistress and Cure His Heart

Pittsburgh was so much more fun than I had anticipated, but before going the only thing I was looking forward to was The Andy Warhol Museum. He definitely ranks up there among my favorite artists, and the annoying things about seeing his work in other museums is that they only ever have one or two marginal Warhol works, and I think his stuff is best when seen in bulk. Well with 8 floors of the Warhol Museum, I got my wish! Katie and Mark accompanied me, and we had a great time. I was surprised at all the cool music related stuff they had, including New York public access TV shows featuring Debbie Harry. They also had lots of Richard Hell, Patti Smith, and of course The Velvet Underground. I only took a few pics, so here they are.


My personal style icon, Ms. Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. I have seen other works of his featuring Jackie but I've never seen these. They were sad and lovely in person.


I believe Mark described Mao as the cutest evil dictator in history. I'm inclined to agree.


That Jesus, so hot right now.


I nearly screamed when I saw this, half covered over behind glass, the original hand-written sheet music for The Velvet Underground's "Venus in Furs"! (I adjusted this on iPhoto and it looked great on my computer and looks like absolute garbage on my work computer. Dammit.)

I didn't know about the cool installation room they had at the Warhol, but I sure had fun standing in there while the pillows whirled around my head. Katie and I agree it was majicks.





The Warhol was everything I had hoped and more. Also all the stuff I wanted in the giftshop was 50% off, so I bought twice as much stuff. Horray!

5 Comments:

Blogger Just another Sample said...

Gee, I wish you would have included your interesting encounter with the bus riding man you had...

The A for asshole bus.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Weird I am totally blanking on that! I hope you're not busy, I'm going to call you in a few.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Just another Sample said...

Either call me after work around 5 or at my office number. You can find me on the website.

4:45 PM  
Blogger imjustjudybut said...

Megan, You are an excellent writer. Please be a librarian/writer!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Thanks Judy! I was already a writer, so I guess I'll try that librarian thing now :)

It was great to meet you.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home