Expatriot Act

The university of these days is a collection of books.

29 August 2006

What I did on my (tiny) Summer Vacation





Finished seaming the sweater over lunch. I hope I get to take some better pictures soon, after I block the sweater (I took these with my camera phone in my cube). I must say though, this knitting went really fast, the seaming is nearly invisible and it's the best fitting garment I've produced thus far. I might just be getting good at this knitting thing! Too bad I probably won't be able to knit much again until my NEXT term break!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

That looks fantastic! I'll have to show it to one of our resident knitting enthusiasts, here at the library. (Finding knitting enthusiasts in a library is a lot like shooting fish in a barrel.)

3:20 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Thanks! Knitters and librarianship go hand in hand, lots of the people in my knitting circle work in libraries of various stripes. I think it's because it's a creative endeavor that arises out of a mastery of a complex structure/set of rules...

3:32 PM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

....or because we're all nerds (in a good way). Case in point: I've wanted to learn how to knit FOR-EV-ERRRR, but it hasn't been tackled yet. I can sew a mean purse, though!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Lola said...

So professional looking. Love the hood. I, sadly, have to stick to scarves and blankets. Any sweater I tried to crochet would surely have three arms.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Burntdisk said...

It's cool. Looks kinda like one of those "Isle of Man" sweaters that North Sea fisherman wear

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home