Expatriot Act

The university of these days is a collection of books.

17 August 2006

Deep Thoughts



Been feeling some wanderlust lately, so I was looking through some old traveling pictures. My work monitor is really dark so it looks like my shape is just cut out of the scene. It makes me think a few things:

* I'd be hard-pressed to think of a prettier place in the States than Big Sur.(although Ithaca and Vermont are two favorites)

* I've been incredibly, incredibly lucky to do as much traveling as I've done in the past two years. It's one of those things I never thought I could afford to do. I hope I continue to travel as much!

* Please oh please let it be jacket weather again soon.


========

On a completely unrelated note: Somehow I find parallels between the whole Gunter Grass being an SS officer thing and the Jon-Benet Ramsey killer being found. I guess the parallel is time, and how the truth does eventually surface. I think there is little on this earth more important than honesty. Better late than never, I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger Burntdisk said...

Love Ithaca. Damn near lived there as an undergrad at Mansfield U.

I don't know, Gunther Grass, Nazi, makes me think of Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS. Different section of the generation I guess ;-)

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home