Expatriot Act

The university of these days is a collection of books.

01 August 2006

How Do You Like Dem Apples?

First, the good stuff. I took a couple of pictures of the Adam Arcuragi show the other night at the Philadelphia Ethical Society. (Some of you Cohort peeps saw them with me in Pittsburgh). They were really good. Witness.


Everybody sing!


My best friend Debbie on the violin



=====

OK so I've been a little concerned about iTunes lately. I wonder if anyone else has experienced similar feelings. I was burning the Assassination Vacation mix CD that I made for 4 friends. The first three times it was no problem, but when I went to burn the 4th iTunes "reminded" me that I was only authorized to burn CDs from music I purchased from iTunes, and then gave me the option to proceed. Oh REALLY. So despite the fact that I paid for all the music on this mix, some years ago, but I didn't buy it through iTunes but on this little invention called the CD, that somehow that's not OK? I'm sorry but I think using a track on a mix CD for a friend is totally fair use.

There was a song I didn't actually have that I wanted to include on the mix, that was They Might Be Giants' James K. Polk. I actually lost my giant TMBG discography (which Polk isn't on) so I bought that too, and the single track of James K. Polk on iTunes. When I loaded it onto my computer, it told me that I could only load the album onto 5 more computers. Huh? I never get rid of music, and since one tends to buy a new computer every two years or so, does that mean in a few years I no longer own the They Might Be Giants discography? I thought I was buying this music, not leasing it. I feel like they're begging me to steal music in the future. Jerks.

Grrr. C'mon Apple. I love you, I do. But don't make me burn all those love letters I wrote you when I purchased the Macbook. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stefanie said...

How about I looked at his tour dates, and said, "OH GOOD he'll be in Pittsburgh again!" Then I realized that July 15 had passed long, long ago.

Hi, I can't read. Or tell time. But I like his stuff!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Thanks for putting up those pictures, Meg--their a pleasant reminder of Pburgh. The ex-gfriend was on campus last week, and I bumped into her, so I can certainly use a bit of cheering up.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Just another Sample said...

I have the same issues with iTunes Megan, I just couldn't verbalize it quite so eloquently.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

M - Sorry to hear that. :( Feel better

J - That's what I'm here for haha.. I have a CD for you, maybe I'll give it to Christian because he'll probably see you before I do

S - I'm sending you a CD and another gifty in the mail today.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

I haven't even started your CD. I'm still thinking of a brilliant theme; I'll keep you posted.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

No rush, I just have fun making them :)

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home