Expatriot Act

The university of these days is a collection of books.

17 September 2006

I ain't gettin' better I am only gettin' behind

Standin at the crossroads tryin' to make up my mind...


I started off the semester with a bang but I'll be damned if I can motivate myself to do anything right now! The only project I want to work on is the KDU one, I've been searching articles all day on Information Retrieval and I feel like no matter what I write it's going to be inadequate. I don't know why. It doesn't help that the assignment is supposed to be "brief," but doesn't have a real length suggestion. Normally I'm fine with that, but I thought I was OK and on par with the others in my small group for my Managerial Theorists assignment, but when we posted them on the big board the others who did the same theorist as me wrote a lot more, and did a much better job. Bah. I really need to get out of this funk and get my head in the game!

That said, it's about 5:30 and I'm getting ready to go see Magnolia Electric Company, one of my favorite bands. It's not fall without seeing Jason Molina open his mouth just a little bit and all the beautiful tones in the world come pouring out. Hopefully it'll clear my mind a bit, and I'll come home ready to actually write this thing. Yee-haw.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super Tomer said in the chat that 750 to 1000 words would be ok. Not that that helps me at all. But still. Back to writing a paper on absolutely nothing. Grrr.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I cannot get motivated to write this at all. Especially since I have to do some research for it. I don't know anything about IR! Does he think I'm a librarian or something!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

I finished mine over the weekend...it reminds me of every story involving a monkey flinging its own poop around a cage, because it's basically 750 - 1000 words of total crap.

But viva la bullshit! Good luck, ladies.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Burntdisk said...

Still workin' on mine. Been suffering the no motivation ting for 3 weeks now. Figure I'll pop something out here shortly. Startin' to think I need to just go from here, 'cause there ain't no way I'm ever catching up with reading.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

I got some notes together last night but I still have to write the thing. I really really hope I don't have that much to do at work today (although I know that's not going to be true, I'm already on the phone with DHL and I haven't even gotten through my email yet). Ugh it's going to be a long day.

On a positive note, Jason Molina totally looked at me once! Swoon. Haha man I'm in trouble.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Burntdisk said...

I thought it was due today. Syllabus says tomorrow. I'm running with that. My problem is it's so friggin' vague I can't figure where to start.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I'm operating like it's due today. I will get it done one way or another (I hope this doesn't mean a late night tonight. I think I should be able to finish it today though). We also have stuff due on Thursday this week. Weee!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Burntdisk said...

It's just the website review and the HotTopic. Nothing like last week.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home