Expatriot Act

The university of these days is a collection of books.

15 September 2006

Smashing Pumpkins

Sadly this entry is not about my favorite band of all time.

Woke up this morning a bit groggy but still in a pretty good mood...going dancing tonight, and had already made plans with my girlfriends at work to get my first Starbucks soy Pumpkin Latte of the season. I love anything pumpkin-flavored, especially coffee and beer. So we go to the closest Starbucks, it's closed (lack of electricity, it seems). Go to the second closest, get the latte, get back to work. I put it on my desk and get ready to get down to bidness and I tap the cardboard box of 500 mints that's sitting on my desk, which knocks over the giant industrial stapler right onto my dear sweet Pumpkin latte, which then EXPLODES all over my keyboard, mouse, and dumbs a Grande mess all over the floor. I think I got one sip of it before this happened! Then I spent the whole morning calling facilities, watching the shocked faces of onlookers at the giant wetvac and custodial worker in my cube, calling IT to get a new keyboard, and generally feeling grandly sorry for myself.

Couldn't bear to go all the way back to the Starbucks (plus, it was about 11am at this point, and I haven't done a single lick of work!) so I went upstairs to the cafeteria. The door to the stairs gets thrown in my face by my annoying co-worker, then I pump the coffee carafe and, that's right! Only two pumps and it's empty. I had to wait another 10 minutes for the pot to refill. On the way back to my desk with my coffee I pass the custodial worker who just cleaned my cube, and promised him I had a death grip on the fucking thing. So, now that it's 30 minutes til lunch, I guess I should get to work. Bah!

This is my second thwarted attempt at getting a Pumpkin latte (the first time they were out of soy milk). At least my cube smells like nutmeg.

3 Comments:

Blogger Just another Sample said...

If it makes you feel better I spilled an entire cup of coffee in my lap this morning and had to turn around and go home

2:42 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Man what is up with today?! I just want to go home and listen to music until I go out tonight.

And I never thought coffee would be the enemy!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Just another Sample said...

I get to go home and do laundry so I can actually wear clean cloths to the wedding I'm in tomorrow. blech!

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home