Expatriot Act

The university of these days is a collection of books.

02 October 2006

My Karma Ran Over my Dogma



To quote Lucille Ball, wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I am sooooo sick! Fuck. I have like, 3 ailments going on at once, I will no doubt have to cancel a presentation I was set to give tomorrow, I might not even be able to drag my ass in to work tomorrow (I barely got here today). So why this subject heading? Because I took a sick day last week when I wasn't sick to have Justin show me around Temple's library, and now that I am sick, I have all these meetings scheduled and such and can't go home! Whine whine whine whine.

On the upside, I think I found a site similar to Librarything that could solve all of WKDU's cataloguing woes, name'a Squirl. Looks pretty perfect to me. I'm in talks with them right now about how much it would cost to host a collection of our size, since it's past their upper limit. Could be much easier than I originally anticipated.

I guess I better get ready for these hellish meetings. Uhhhh kill me.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Hope you feel better. Have you tried whisky? Whisky helps.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Burntdisk said...

Take a double dose of sinus medicine, wash it down with Scotch, and jump under as many blankets as possible. If you wake up in the morning you'll feel better. Been doing it for years.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

To fight my cold (and keep my personal life the mess that it is), I plan to have a vodka and orange juice instead of my usual vodka and cranberry when I venture out tonight. That will still get me some vitamins, right?

5:08 PM  
Blogger Burntdisk said...

Yep, butchagotta add some other form of depressant for that all time pass out low. 'course, I've heard that if you mix one a them brain food energy drinks with strong alcohol it has about the same effect, 'cept you can stay up all night.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I love that you all suggested alcohol. Like I just have whisky lying around my house? Who do I look like, Stef? ;)

Speaking of Stef, I'm listening to my New Wave Halloween CD while cleaning up the apartment :) Still sick, unfortunately.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

Once again my big mouth gives a bad impression...glad you like the CD, Megan, and looking forward to seeing all of you!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

A shot of nyquil and a shot of robitusin--I call it a nyrobi(sic).

Hang in there.

P.S. I met the Decemberists on Tues. at the Conan O'Brian Show.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home