Expatriot Act

The university of these days is a collection of books.

31 October 2006

Remember Me? How could you forget? It rained silver coins the night we met



One of the best parts of having to work on Halloween is listening to Halloweeny music on the iPod. Started off the day with the Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds live album, then segued into probably my favorite Philly group of all time, Ink & Dagger.

I think I can say with a fair amount of certainty that Ink & Dagger was the best vampire hardcore band ever. If you like The Refused, you can thank I&D for making them possible. I have a ton of pictures from the times I saw I&D but they are analog so I don't have a scanner. God I love Ink and Dagger!

After listening to both bands I'll probably move on to some Murder City Devils and who knows what else. Ink and Dagger also penned my favorite song about Philadelphia:

Twisted pretzel logic
You're cracked like the Liberty Bell
Have you ever been to the city of hell?

My diagnosis? Philadelphia psychosis.


(Billfee I think you would like them, you should check them out).

4 Comments:

Blogger Burntdisk said...

Emusic has them- I'm gonna download and I'll get back to ya to tell ya what I thought. I promise brutal honesty.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Just a warning, their two albums are totally different. The first one (Drive this 7" stake through my Philadelphia heart) is straight up hardcore, the second (Fine Art of Original Sin) is like electro-punk. Way ahead of its time.

6:31 PM  
Blogger gaba said...

they were a brilllllllliant band

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pleaaaaaaaaase upload those pictures!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home