Expatriot Act

The university of these days is a collection of books.

24 October 2006

Poet's Corner: Demetri Martin



Since I was posting some poetry yesterday, I thought I'd post some more (but very different). Above is Daily Show Trendspotter Demetri Martin. First of all, yum. Secondly, on his website he has two poems. The first is an absurdly long palindrome...far longer than "racecar." The second I thought some of you Pennsylvanians might appreciate. Snap your fingers together for Demetri Martin's "All of the Words on a Bottle of Rolling Rock Beer in a Different Order."

women, your ability to operate
extra tender
springs from birth
good machinery comes
as your contents
cause enjoyment

cash, beer, a car...rock and rolling?

during "it" the general warning:
"we may risk pregnancy
according to old problems."

your refund from the goverment
for alcoholic beverages?
not ok.

refund this premium beer surgeon,
because premium beer impairs taste.
A drink! To the tribute of health...
to the pale alcoholic.
Rolling, glass tanks of beverages rock this lined mountain.
should the defects
of consumption
drive me...

or you.

Latrobe, Latrobe, COL, CT, DE, IA, MA, NY, VT, CA, MI
"33"


As awesome as this poem is, Rolling Rock still sucks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome poem. Rolling Rock still tastes like piss.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Burntdisk said...

'ey, I happen to like Rock. What can I say, I'm just a workin' class guy (belches, farts and scratches 'nads)

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home