Expatriot Act

The university of these days is a collection of books.

27 November 2006

What we got here is a failure to communicate

B 666
S I(W)HATE(W)DIALOG
VIEW S1/8/ALL
0336662002 GO FUCK MYSELF

Man I think that may have been the nerdiest thing I ever typed. Damn you Library School!

Instead of burning the midnight oil last night working on the assignments due this week (as I hoped I would) I drank half a bottle of wine, fell asleep at 9:30, and didn't wake up until 8:30am. What the hell. I need the Dialog elves to visit me in the night and make this stupid system do my bidding.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only a half a bottle of wine? Shame.

Am I the only one who just gave up on the Command Search and started using the Guided Search in DialogWeb and Google Scholar for citations? So much easier.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

If Dialog and Google Scholar were in a playground fight, Google Scholar would win on the basis that it's the dumb jock...the dumb jock that we all LOOOOOVE!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Laura: Only half because thankfully there were others to help me with the bottle haha. I might have to admit defeat and try your method tonight.

Stef: I would say Dialog is the geeky kid who thinks he's really smart, speaking Klingon and whatnot, but is really just a geek not the next Stephen Hawking.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Most of the good results on AIDS research that I got from Dialog came from the Medline dbase. If you get really frustrated, you could just wander over to the ISI's Web of Knowledge (I would assume it's in Pitt's database A-Z List), choose the Medline database, and forego Dialog. Then you can do analyses on key authors and journals.

Hope this helps.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope it's over for ya.

BTW, happy birthday, in case I continue to be unsuccessful in my attempt to find an email addy for ya

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, happy Birfday!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home