Expatriot Act

The university of these days is a collection of books.

05 August 2006

The Truthiness Paradigm



Just a little tidbit from the latest Wired, which has a fun little missive from my boyfriend Stephen Colbert called "Be an Expert on Anything." I thought some of you Pitt kids might get a kick out of this one:

USE THE WORD ZEITGEIST AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE.
Ideally, you want to find words that sound familiar but people don't really know their definitions; zeitgeist, bildungsroman, doppelganger -- better yet, anything Latin. But avoid paradigm. It's so 1994. If you say the word paradigm, everybody knows you're a poser.

Take that, Kuhn! OK off to the Rosenbach!

4 Comments:

Blogger Stefanie said...

YOU GIVE THE BEST CDs/PRESENTS EVER.

(A message like this deserves all caps. AND- I am STILL slacking on your CD. Oops.)

11:54 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Aww I'm glad you like! No worries about the CD, tis better to give than receive, after all. I've been listening to that Arcuragi CD a lot (I bought mine when I bought yours) and it's super good. Get into it! :)

12:55 AM  
Blogger Burntdisk said...

Here's a Stephen Colbert item for ya.

http://www.onipress.com/buzz/?p=96

9:25 AM  
Blogger Burntdisk said...

Wouldn't it require a paradigm shift to stop them from using paradigm?

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home