Expatriot Act

The university of these days is a collection of books.

09 October 2006

Blame the Cold

Just updating to let you all know that I'm not entirely dead. On the rare occasion I get a cold, it usually only lasts a day or two, but we're going on a week and a day here, which is some sort of record for me (which is why I can't stop whining about it!). I had a nice weekend in Baltimore despite being totally ridiculously sick the whole time, and today I'm back at work, trying to catch up, and I'm super weak and exhausted and high on caffeine and Dayquil and sushi. I brought my laptop to Baltimore but didn't check the boards once, I am a very bad grad student this week. I do know that we have some sort of assignment due today that for 2700 that she gave us Friday (evil!) and there's a paper due for 2002 next Monday, which I should really start soonish because I seem to be slow as molasses about everything since I caught the plague.

Tonight I have to read chapter 3 of Ulysses for my book group tomorrow, do that assignment, and try to coax myself back into the land of the living. I bought fuzzy slippers today on my lunchbreak; I'm tempted to put them on at my desk. Alas it is only 2pm on the Monday of my discontent and I have much to do before I can get home and get comfortable. Until then my body parts will take turns hurting and I will periodically emerge out of cold medicine stupors long enough to send journals all over the country. Joy. Rapture.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Are you absolutely sure of this?

If there's an assignment due today, we're both in the same boat (well, aside from the plague thing). I think Sue assigned the full-timers something on Fri., but I don't think it pertains to us. If it does, I'm a bit screwed, because I have to work refence tonight.

Get better.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Just checked the boards, and we do have to do the same assignment that the on-campus students did. But, it's not due until 10/16. Is this the one you were worried about?

3:50 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I'm pretty sure FT = Fast Track

Ah ok I didn't see the "16th" part. This pleases me very much. Hopefully it will be Ulysses and some sleep then!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

Oh man, my cold is finally on the down spiral (I think by the end of tonight it will officially be gone-clocking in at 6 days). What finally cured me? Sleeping, eating a bajillion Halls cough drops, and sticking TP up my nose so as to prevent snot dripping onto my face (let's just say it was "Sexy Friday" in my apartment). Good luck with the battle!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Burntdisk said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Burntdisk said...

Being a little out of yer head will help with Ulysses. I used shitloads of alcohol m'self, but whatever works...

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home