Expatriot Act

The university of these days is a collection of books.

05 October 2006

Library Marketing

Read on a blog today that made me laugh:

Waiting for a bus in downtown Seattle, I see a disheveled and possibly deranged man with an enormous duffle bag sidling down the sidewalk, stopping to bellow "Are you going to the library?!" at each and every person in turn. Most ignore him until he moves on, but some -- out of compulsive politeness, or because they have somehow mistaken this raving for a sincere query -- begin to reply "No, I'm waiting for my --" at which point the man cuts them short with an impassioned and spittle-intensive "GO TO THE LIBRARY!!!"

I dunno. Call me cynical, but I just don't think Seattle's literacy program is all that effective.


That made me smile through my choking, hacking cough that is making me want to barf. Oof.

1 Comments:

Blogger Burntdisk said...

Barfing is a logical reaction to Library Management- have to choke it back a few times myself with my higher ups. Wonder how much it would cost Seattle to hire this guy?

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home